More than 20 animals are permanently cared for in the BEAR SANCTUARY Prishtina - including 20 bears and 1 lion.
What we offer
For 2023 we offer two places for a respective duration of 60 - 90 days. The application is only possible through the ESC Volunteer Program (European Solidarity Corps).
The program is funded and provides extensive support to participants such as health insurance, full coverage of food and accommodation, return of travel expenses, monthly pocket money and Visas.
Currently we are offering two volunteer roles:
1. Animal Care Assistant, starts on 1st of August 2023, ends on 29th of September 2023.
- Cleaning enclosures,
- Preparing and distributing food and medication
- Making enrichment items
- Conducting behavioural observations of individuals and
- Record daily notes of what you have observed.
- Other tasks may include essential maintenance work in or around the enclosures, and education talks to the visiting public or school groups.
2. Education Assistant, starts on 25th of September 2023, ends on 23rd of November 2023.
- Assisting with any on and off-site events
- Preparing, and creating educational material for schools and universities.
- Updating on-site information
- Creating content for newsletters, up-coming events, social media and the website.
- There may also be the chance for group workshops, and discussions on animal welfare and environmental issues, as well as presentations from staff on these topics.
As a volunteer at BEAR SANCTUARY Prishtina you will directly contribute to animal welfare!
During your stay you will support our animal care team in the care and observation of our animals. The daily work includes, among other things:
- cleaning of the enclosures
- preparation of food and feeding
- preparing enrichment materials for the animals
- setting up and designing the enclosures
- support with minor medical treatments or veterinary checks
- general work on the extensive grounds
- assisting with the supervision of visitor groups
As part of our experienced team, you will gain deep insight into our work for animal and species conservation, as well as the care of rescued animals and their special needs.
In order to provide our volunteers with the best possible support and to ensure that they can learn as much as possible, we employ no more than one volunteer per period.
- European Solidarity Corps volunteering activities are available for 18 - 30 year old people
- Participants need to be legally resident in a Program or Partner country (Please note: Due to Brexit, unfortunately UK residents can no longer take part in an ESC placement)
- As the program is funded, the projects are completely free for volunteers
- The placement may not be taken as part of a compulsory element of work experience for a course/module at your college/university
- Volunteers may not have previously completed a long-term ESC/EVS placement
How to apply?
Before you apply, we strongly recommend that you read the volunteer information pack to make sure that volunteering at BEAR SANCTUARY Prishtina is suitable for you.
If you want to apply for a placement you need to register as an ESC volunteer here.
Fill in all aspects of the application form and send this in along with a motivation letter (no greater than one A4 page) via Email (email@example.com)
Deadline for applications: June 2nd, 2023
We are looking forward to your application!
Information Pack for Volunteers
Learn more about the ESC Volunteer Program at BEAR SANCTUARY Prishtina! Please find all information about requirements, financial support during your stay, accommodation, insurances, working hours and tasks here.
BEAR SANCTUARY Prishtina Application Form
To apply for a volunteer placement at the BEAR SANCTUARY Prishtina, please fill out the application form and email it to us along with a one-page letter of motivation. For editing we recommend the use of the PDF24 tool.